New Owners


Congratulations on becoming a Kona Kai property owner!

The Kona Kai Homeowner's Association welcomes you.

 This page is provided to assist you in getting set up.

Provide to the title company closing officer with the contact for the Homeowner's Association.  Treasurer Esther Sarbia - Cell (713) 725-2457
There is a transfer fee of $50.00 that will be collected at the title company.
Once you have closed on the property, contact the treasurer and supply your address and phone and e-mail information.  You will then receive your invitation to the members only area of the web site.
Go to Emergency Contacts and print a copy for the refrigerator.
Open an account at the water department.   You should consider allowing them to draft your checking account for their fees.  They have adopted new policies  that make it very expensive should you forget to pay it on time.
Go to the Post Office and get a free Post Office Box.  There is no door to door delivery of mail on Bolivar.
NOTE!  We have (2) post offices that serve Kona Kai.  One is in Crystal Beach on 87 , and the other is in Port Bolivar, on Loop 108.    They are both Zip Code 77650. You are eligible at either post office. If you get a box at either post office use the Zip + 4 for faster delivery, ie. 77650-####, where #### is your box number.
Contact Entergy to set up your account for electricity.  For more info, click here!
Make arrangements with a Garbage service.  For more info, click here!
Go by the County Annex building and purchase a Beach Parking Sticker for your cars.  Ask about a Beach Parking Sticker for your golf cart while you are there.
In the event of an evacuation, they will let cars with that sticker re-enter the area. It's not a bad idea to keep a copy of a water bill in your glove box.  Should there be an evacuation of the peninsula, you will need to show some form of proof that you are a resident here.
Be sure that your fishing license is up to date.  You can even buy it online here!
You should have received at closing a copy of the deed restrictions. You can find them at the Legal Documents Menu once you sign in to the owners area of the website.  Once finalized, you will be mailed a new copy.
Print the Rules and Regulations for your records..
Unless you've filed for a homestead exemption on another home elsewhere in the state, you'll want to file one with Galveston County.  You may file only one in the state, and only for one house.  On your homestead, it is important that you contest the valuation each and every year.  Your failure to do so allows the taxing authority to raise the valuation on your homestead the capped amount for each year back until your last recorded contest.
Insurance, there's a number of  types.  Casualty that covers fire and other perils on the structure.  Then there is: Homeowner's insurance, flood, auto, boat and golf cart insurance.  And don't forget about an umbrella policy.  Remember  to act fast on the flood coverage.  There is a waiting period if there is a named storm in the gulf.  At the current time, we are not making recommendations for insurance carriers.
If you plan to be a permanent resident, there are a number of other things to do:
-The post office has a free packet for you to change most items.
-Change your voter registration to this area. For info, click here!
-Change your driver's license, this is required within 30 days.
-People that provide warranty services to you, like your car.
-Change address on your checks and notify your bank.
-If you have a lockbox or safety deposit box notify them. 
-Notify your: Vet, Doctors, Dentist, Eye Doctor and all other medical practitioners.
-Stock broker, attorney, CPA, and anyone that sends you information you need for your income tax.
-Familiarize yourself with the available medical services in the area.  If you have special needs, you might want to communicate them to the appropriate EMS department personnel.
In addition you can  Look up Galveston County for Residents Here!